Cinema Orchestra is an orchestra of young musicians founded in 2008 by Vivien Villani in Paris with the support of the award-winner film composer Bruno Coulais (Microcosmos, The Crimson rivers, Winged Migrations, Coraline), with the objective to do recording sessions in studio and give concerts. After having performed numerous original soundtracks for French projects, it is now involved in the recording of scores by Vivien Villani for US produced projects. It varies in size depending on the budget and the creative needs of the projects. Cinema Orchestra is supported by an homonymous association Law 1901.
Original soundtracks recorded by the orchestra (selection) :
- The Smiling Man (2015) by A.J. Briones
- Snip (2015) by Jenna Tella Gelenberg
- Uncomfortable Silence (2013) by Gabriele Altobelli
- Hafida (2013) by Loïc Nicoloff
- The Deep End (2012) by Meredith Koch
- Les Boutons Dorés [The Gilt Buttons] (2012) by Éric Borg
Concerts given :
- Jun 25th, 2010 at Cinema Le Bijou, Noisy-le-Grand.
- Feb 4th, 2011 at Les Cinoches, Ris-Orangis.
- Oct 8th, 2011 at Les Cinoches, Ris-Orangis.
- Mar 23th, 2012 at Cinéma Le Grand Action, Paris.
- Oct 7th, 2012 at Cinéma des Cinéastes
(on the occasion of the film festival Paris Courts Devant).
- Jan 25th, 2013 at Les Cinoches, Ris-Orangis.
- Nov 9th, 2014 at Les Cinoches, Ris-Orangis:
Commemorative concert for the 100 year anniversary of
the World War I.